Thursday, July 24, 2014

Blog #6: CEO for a Day: Maddie Fasel


Chicago Sun-Times SPLASH Magazine
If I was in charge of running Chicago Sun-Times SPLASH Magazine there are many ideas I would put forth. To begin, SPLASH is centered in Chicago and all issues focus on events in Chicago, as well as style, people, places, events, etc. in the Chicagoland area.  If I were CEO I would try to extend SPLASH to other places in the United States, that way SPLASH Chicago could incorporate things from SPLASH lets say New York or Los Angeles. I think expanding SPLASH would be very powerful because it is such a unique magazine that many people in Chicago love—so people other where would too!
Furthermore, I would have SPLASH host more events around the city that get the people of Chicago involved. Right now SPLASH is apart of the Chicago Sun-Times, so not many people are aware of the magazine as they are the actual newspaper. By hosting events and shows around the city I feel that people would become more absorbed in the magazine and it could create a larger company. Overall, there are not many things I would change at SPLASH because my experience here has been very positive. The way the staff runs the magazine and online portion is very strategic and works very well! 


1 comment:

  1. I think your ideas are great and will help you think big if you work for a magazine after college. I think it is good to think big and understand the benefits of a large market!

    ReplyDelete