Thursday, July 10, 2014

Looking back/overall insight at The 48th District Court

    Throughout the last 5 weeks interning at The 48th District Court, I have gained a much greater understanding for the court system itself. Looking back on my first day I was not aware of how much I would learn throughout this experience not only about the court system and how it works behind the scenes but also about the way people work together in the workforce. It is truly amazing to see how everyone I work with is there for each other and helps their coworkers achieve what needs to be done.  Growing up I was always shown that in order to complete a project I needed to do it on my own because not always are those around you willing to help but that is the opposite of what I have been shown through these past weeks.
    My overall insight to how much thought and effort goes into each trial, sentencing, and briefing has changed completely and I have such a higher respect for everyone I have been working with. Although these jobs are not easy I have learned to realize how necessary the actions that the Judges and attorneys are for the safety of our community. Sometimes I feel that what happens in court isn't completely necessary but my coworkers are always there to discuss the situation with and explain to me on a deeper level why the ruling took place. I have learned so much from this internship and I hope to continue to learn more during the remainder of my time in the courtroom and further my studies in the law force.

1 comment:

  1. Allison, it seems like you built a great relationship with your co-workers and you've learned valuable lessons from your internship! I am glad that the 48th District was a meaningful experience for you and it truly sounds like you gained a lot of knowledge about how the court system operates. I wish you all the best in the future!

    ReplyDelete