Monday, July 21, 2014

1) First Week at the LA Kings



After a long, anticipated wait, I’ve finally begun my internship this past week. I am sales intern for the Los Angeles Kings. To be more specific, I work within the confines of season ticket holders. Our work is devoted to make the experience for these 10,000 season ticket holders as worthwhile and entertaining as possible. For example, after attending a certain amount of games, these exclusive members build up enough rewards points to redeem a Zamboni ride during intermission or get chauffeured down to the ice for warm ups. This past week, following our crazy run to the Stanley Cup Finals, season ticket requests have shot through the roof. Unfortunately for me, I’ve had to attend to all of the thousand of email demands, put them in our database, and assign these requests to one of our reps. As a result, this past week hasn’t quite been the riveting experience I hoped it to be. Despite the slow paced week, there have been a lot of promising aspects of the job to definitely look forward to for the rest of the summer. The work environment is incredible friendly and laid-back, with co-workers always chatting and laughing. Also, my boss is flat out awesome. She’s completely understanding, easy to work with, and just amazing to work for. So, if I had to take something away from this first week, I’ve come to the practical realization that not much happens in a typical, cubicle-packed office. However, regardless of this recent understanding, I’m still thrilled to have this opportunity and can’t wait for the rest of the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment