Wednesday, July 23, 2014

CEO For A Day

I really enjoy my internship and the work environment. There are only a few things that comes to mind when asked what I would like to change. First, if I were in charge, I would enforce a more eco-friendly environment. Working for an advertising agency and observing the massive flow of paper that is thrown out urges me to replace garbage bins with recycling bins. There is not a recycling system set up in my building and I think that for this particular type of company, it is critical to have one. Secondly, I think that it is important for the separate departments to interact with one another more frequently. On special occasions, our team would order in food and eat together. For example, to celebrate my boss's upcoming marriage, we all drank champagne and ate delicious treats. I think that it would be very beneficial to have weekly team lunches because this builds healthy relationships throughout the office and helps employees get to know one another. I also think that this break during the day would be good for everyone’s mental health. It forces people to take a moment away from their computers and get their mind off their work.
On the other hand, I would keep several things about the office. First, the informal atmosphere helps new employees feel extremely comfortable and encourages me to ask questions. Additionally, my boss sometimes plays music while we work and it sets the mood to a happy one. Secondly, I really appreciate how friendly everyone is in the office. I am greeted by every single one of my co-workers each day I arrive for work. Surrounded by warm co-workers definitely makes the day go by quicker. I am very lucky to be working in an environment that gives off positive energy and think that a lot of companies can learn from this informal atmosphere. 

1 comment:

  1. I think this post is great and definitely gives insight into what you could do when you are a full-time employee at a company. It sounds like your office is welcoming and exciting!

    ReplyDelete