Monday, July 28, 2014

CEO for a day at ICM Partners

If I were CEO for a day at ICM Partners, I would work on establishing more of a relationship between departments of the company. I worked solely on the 9th floor in the talent department, and came to learn that the people I worked closely with were often unaware of who worked in other departments, or rarely, if ever, interacted with them. Despite there being multiple departments at ICM, I still believe that it is important, and would even strengthen the company, if the company was close in all regards, I believe that it could boost business, and especially help during the packaging of television shows, because departments can work together to get a cast together, talent all represented by ICM. By establishing closer relationships between different parts of the company, projects will also be able to be cast more quickly and efficiently. Overall moral and excitement within the company will increase as well, as much research shows that the closer people are with their coworkers, the more fondly they think of the company they are employed with. I would hold weekly lunches for both agents and assistants in all departments to attend, because as of now, there are only lunches within the same departments. I would have speakers from all departments briefly summarize what is going on in their department now, and how other departments could be of aid to them. 

3 comments:

  1. I agree when you say you would establish a relationship between departments of the company. I often find my section of the company secluded from others, therefore am unaware of all the other members who work here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree that as CEO, I as well would try to enforce a more cohesive, comfortable environments between departments. As an intern, I know I personally would have loved to have department meetings, that way it makes the work place a little less serious and more enjoyable! great insight, I know I will have many similar suggestions in my blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As an HR intern, I really learned the importance of employee relations. It is important that throughout the company everyone is aware of who they work with as well as feel comfortable with everyone throughout the company. Therefore this would be a great idea as CEO.

    ReplyDelete