Monday, July 21, 2014

Assimilating Myself Into the Everyday Office Life



After finishing up my first few weeks on the job, I believe I have fully immersed myself within the office. With every increasing day, I feel more and more comfortable with the people around me and with the job I’m supposed to be doing. Not only is my contentment with the entire office improving, but also the quality of tasks I am requested to complete are now much more significant. Beforehand, my days consisted of clicking on the same buttons on the computer screen for thousands and thousands of order requests. It almost became unbearable. After a couple weeks, this tedious routine of mine finally concluded. I was then asked to do something that actually sounded a bit more interesting and engaging. I spent the week devising a PowerPoint presentation of prospective ideas on how to improve our Season Ticket Holders Rewards Program. Unsure of how greatly my coworkers took this presentation into consideration, it still was progress. 
The workers and the atmosphere still remain pretty calm, and the connection between my boss and I grows everyday. Nowadays, the hours seem pretty routine. Typically, right when I walk in, a list of to-dos lays upon my desk. In between my work, other coworkers consistently ask me to help them out with small and sometimes dreary jobs. While I never hesitate to do so, I understand that such task proposals are inevitable for some interns. 

1 comment:

  1. That's great that you feel so comfortable with your job! I also have found that as I've spent more time with job and gained more experience I have been given bigger responsibilities. It seems like your PowerPoint presentation was probably a great opportunity to impress your coworkers.

    ReplyDelete