Monday, July 28, 2014

Overcoming Obstacles; Blog 3

Throughout my internship I have been challenged to learn new technologies and work with computer programs that have been completely unfamiliar to me. Although difficult, after much work and perseverance I have been able to completely learn and update data throughout a program named PeopleSoft. When requesting feedback from my employer I was told that this was something that particularly impressed her. My ability to catch on to how the system worked and be able to navigate items throughout the program. My ability to handle this task is something that was particularly shocking to me. Even though I use computers all the time throughout the school year, I typically work on Apple computers and this program is only accessible via a PC. Therefore, my ability to navigate this particular program was at a disadvantage.  
                Learning to use the PeopleSoft program was something very enjoyable to me. This is a program that will help me develop and thrive later on throughout my career. PeopleSoft is used industry wide, and is one of the most common HR programs used throughout big companies. Therefore, having knowledge and experience with the program is advantageous to me.
                When it comes to doing things differently in the future, I think I would do slightly more work before my internship in order to prepare myself. Brush up my skills on Microsoft word, Power Point, and maybe even take an excel class. This way I will not have to take the time at the beginning of the internship to play around and remind myself of how things are used. This will give me a leg up and keep me on my feet when it comes to reporting to my boss. 

No comments:

Post a Comment