Thursday, July 10, 2014

Blog Post 4: Changing Perspectives at Cardinal Communications


After completing one full week of interning at Cardinal Communications, I was left feeling anxious, overwhelmed, and reevaluating my decision of having a career in the field of advertising. Managing the massive flow of advertisements that the creative team designs is not an easy task. But after getting adjusted to the environment and familiarizing myself with daily undertakings, I fell in love with my internship.  I appreciate that the advertising industry is far from a lackluster industry and exciting things happen everyday. Working at an agency that solely advertises motion pictures has allowed me to have incredible experiences such as meeting the Oscar nominated director, Bennett Miller and the President of Sony Pictures Classics. If you asked me during the first week of my internship if I could see myself pursuing a career in advertising, I would have most likely answered with a hesitant response. If you asked me now, I would say absolutely. I admire the creative and informal environment that Cardinal Communications gives off and I really enjoy interacting with my co-workers and supervisor. I also value that working at an advertising agency has allowed me to improve my attention to detail because this is a skill I can utilize in my professional and educational career. I have to frequently double check my work when I am budgeting advertisement as well as proofread over the ads before we send them to the New York Times representatives and other media outlets. I am so thankful to be interning at Cardinal Communications and look forward to my last four weeks in New York City. 

No comments:

Post a Comment