Thursday, July 17, 2014

Looking Back/Overall Insight at Cardinal Communications


           Taking a step back and looking at my experience thus far at Cardinal Communications, I realized that not only did I learn a great deal but was also able to use my background knowledge from my film minor and apply it to my internship. For example, this summer I have had the pleasure to assist the advertising team promote Woody Allen’s new film Magic In The Moonlight. Ironically, last semester I began my film minor at U of M and the topic of my first film class was Woody Allen. I left that class with an abundance of information about Woody Allen’s films and the man himself.
My favorite part about working at a film-advertising agency is overseeing the creative department. I was very surprised to learn that the process involved in choosing a final movie poster is extremely lengthy. For one movie, there could be 60 potential posters created. Additionally, picking the final poster is a huge collaboration process. There are several important people involved including the film production company, the actors, the advertising agency, and the director. Each of these four have a significant voice when deciding what the poster should look like and it is quite often to have disagreement.
I could not be happier that I ended up at Cardinal Communications this summer because I have gained experience in the advertising agency, built genuine relationships with my co-workers, and was able to network with important people within the film industry that work for companies such as Sony Pictures Classics and A24 Films. I recognized that the film industry is an exciting place to advertise in because there is always something exhilarating happening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment