Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Overcoming Obstacles


As my internship progresses, I feel that I have already learned so much and am excited for what is to come next. One big project that I was assigned was to put together a sample sale for the employees of the jewelry that was no longer needed in the sample closet. This was a lot of work because there was a ton of jewelry to go through and all of it had to be sorted by price. I first had to create different price categories for the jewelry based on the wholesale price. Then I had to sort the jewelry by group, which are the different styles within each season. After the groups were organized each piece had to be labeled with a different colored sticker to indicate the price. The sale wasn’t able to take place on one of my workdays, so I offered to come in on my day off to set up and organize the sale. It was a lot of work because of the large quantity of jewelry that we had to sell and although a lot was sold there was still many samples left. Those then had to be organized and packed away. All in all I think I did a good job handling this task. Everything had to be done quickly in a short amount of time and I think I was able to work efficiently and the sale was successful.  

2 comments:

  1. Sounds very exciting to take on such a large task! I am also sure your employers were very appreciative and impressed that you offered to come in on a day that was not your normal work day! That is true dedication. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a very fun yet stressful task. By coming in on your day off, you show determination and commitment to your job. Those qualities will get you far in the future!

    ReplyDelete