Sunday, July 13, 2014

Getting To Know My Colleagues

As I am about half way through my internship, I am starting to really get to know some of the fellow employees at Fox Sports. I am very lucky to be surrounded by such great guys, and I say guys because there are literally no female employees that I have met yet; however, despite being one of the only girls there I am really enjoying myself. All of the guys who work at Fox Sports are really wonderful, kind and eager to teach people who have helped me go from a person knowing absolutely nothing about radio and sports to someone who is genuinely interested in both topics, and has insight about the topics now as well. My producer on one of the shows in particular has been very helpful, offering me advice for future employment and even just trying to get to know me as a person. The personal connections being made is wonderful because I was envisioning a summer of running errands and being someone else's "assistant" basically, however everyone who I have met has genuinely been interested in getting to know me and helping me out.
Also I am part of the Mentorship Program at Michigan and just met with my mentor today. It was very fun meeting with an alumni so young who is now so successful in her field. We had a great time getting to know one another and she even gave me pointers for how to go about tackling a meeting I have coming up about a potential future employer! Such a great resource to have!

2 comments:

  1. It is so great that you are close with your colleagues. Maybe they will be able to help you in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having patient and understanding colleagues is always helpful. It also sounds like you are making some really great connections. I did not know about the mentor program, but having someone to talk to that has already gone through all the steps you are hoping to take is definitely comforting.

    ReplyDelete