Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Looking Back/Overall Insight


Throughout my college experience thus far, I have always had the attitude that most things I learn at the University of Michigan I probably won’t use in my future career. I didn't think that memorizing facts about paintings or learning about human diseases would help me get a job in fashion. However, I realized that it’s not just about what you learn, but how you are learning. The University of Michigan has taught me how to have a strong work ethic and that being determined and working hard pays off.  I have applied the same work ethic from my assignments at school, to my assignments at my internship and feel that I have ben able to learn so much because of it. I look at every task with the same level of importance and try my best no matter how big or small it is. I continue to be surprised by how much I have learned and the assignments that have been given to me. It has never been busy work but work that I can gain something from. I feel that I have a better understanding of how a fashion company operates and specifically the sales department and look forward to learning more as I near the end of my internship.    

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that Michigan was able to help you in your work, and give you the ethics you needed to succeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the following 2 posts. The University of Michigan has definitely taught me a strong work ethic as well! Because we are in such a large school, we have to be very applied and take use of the opportunities we have, so it's awesome that your experience prepared you!

    ReplyDelete