Thursday, July 31, 2014

Blog 6: CEO for the day


If I were CEO for a day at RMO Wetherly, I would work on establishing more of a relationship between departments of the company, within each department, and with the interns. I worked solely on the with the accessories department, and came to learn that the people I worked closely with were often unaware of who worked in other departments and I also did not create a relationship with those in charge of other departments. By establishing closer relationships between different parts of the company, projects will also be able to be cast more quickly and efficiently. I found that often with send outs to magazines there was confusion and lack of communication within departments that could have been solved if there was a more cohesive environment established. Overall moral and excitement within the company will increase as well, as much research shows that the closer people are with their coworkers, the more fondly they think of the company they are employed with. I would hold weekly lunches, or order in lunch for everyone in the company for all departments to attend, because as of now, there are only lunches within the same departments or just on your own. I would have speakers from all departments briefly summarize what is going on in their department now, and how other departments could be of aid to them. 

Also, I would establish a recycling program here at RMO. I have never been a very Go Green type of person, but after being in the office and seeing how much paper is just wasted away, I would definitely try to incorporate a recycling program!
the interns!

1 comment:

  1. I think the changes you suggested are very practical and would definitely enhance the work environment, good job!

    ReplyDelete