Monday, July 14, 2014

Midpoint Internship

I just finished my third week here at Crowd Surf. The time has passed by so quickly! There have been some difficult tasks I have done, however whenever I come across something I am not familiar with, I email or confront my employer and ask for feedback regarding if I am doing it correctly. For example, I had to approve photos for an artist, and was unsure if a photo was appropriate or not. I asked my employer and he sent me a list of guidelines of whether or not photos are appropriate.


Sometimes I face a challenge when I am using new social media websites such as Pintrest. I have never used Pintrest before, however I was open to learning more about it. A colleague of mine sent me over photos and asked if I could please create an album. I looked up on the Internet how to use Pintrest and used that as a guide to help me in completing my task.  I learned that the Internet is a huge guide in helping one in their day to day activities. Mostly everything one needs is posted online and they can use it to assist them.  I was unaware of how big Pintrest was as a social media site, however now due to the fact that I am using it a lot more often, I have gotten familiar with it and am now able to help others who are unaware of how to use it.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're doing a great job! Thats quite resourceful of you to use the internet as a learning tool when you aren't sure how to accomplish something. I think employers really respect and notice when their interns try to figure things out first, before bombarding them with questions. Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are perfect for the job! I bet your coworkers were very impressed and appreciative that they were able to give you a task that was unfamiliar to you and you solved it. I bet if they told an older employee (mid 30's/40's) to create an album on Pinterest it would have taken them hours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great that you feel so comfortable to ask your employers questions! I also was unfamiliar with Pinterest and had to learn to use it this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you like Pinterist? I've never used it and I'm not sure how valuable it is as a social media tool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is awesome that you took initiative and taught yourself how to use pinterest.

    ReplyDelete