Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Week 4: Changing Perspectives


Now, more than halfway done with my internship at Martha Stewart, I realize that the internship program did a great job of immersing the interns into the office. From day one, I felt very comfortable, and I still feel the same way. I think that I have chanced since I have been here, but my perceptions of the place and the people have not. The office thrives off of everyone helping each other out, even across departments, and treating everyone equally. Never have I seen anyone harshly spoken to by her boss, nor have I ever been spoken harshly to by anyone in the office.
Many interns here just report to one supervisor, however, this is not the case for me. I have two supervisors, and their assistant, who I sit next to and who tells me a lot of what to do. This week, Sarah, my supervisor’s assistant, is actually not here, which gives me the chance to see what I can do on my own. I have learned so much since I have been here and I am excited to see what I can do for myself now, with without that extra safety net. I think this week will be a good test and challenge for me. 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're doing great! I'm sure you will do amazing on your own!

    ReplyDelete