Sunday, July 27, 2014

Update!


             The work has consistently remained busy work thus far within the internship. This means that my day consists of printing an assortment of documents, picking up lunch for the boss, updating artists calendars, and on Wednesday’s putting together a rather important binder for the meeting that the two bosses go to. I will further describe the binder in another one of my blog entries. While I cannot claim the work to be all that interesting or enthralling it has improved certain skills of mine. The skills that have improved are my organization and my overall efficiency.  I now keep detailed lists of the days tasks, something that I did not consider doing before. I also accomplish tasks quicker than I did at the beginning. While this is obviously a plus, it leaves me with more downtime. Often I will walk around and ask if anything needs to be accomplished, but the summer is a slower session than the other times of year, so there will be a few hours each day when I am not being put to work. While this is disappointing I use this time to come up with marketing ideas since I am in the marketing department at RCA. I will then give these ideas to my mentor who is a rather busy individual and has a low tolerance for mistakes. At times our personalities clash, but I am hoping that it is for my overall betterment as a worker.

1 comment:

  1. I sometimes find myself looking for stuff to do as well. I would just keep asking around if there is anything to do, or maybe ask your bosses if you can sit in on their meeting to gain a greater knowledge of the industry. If they care about your experience as an intern and the meeting isn't about anything confidential, they should be more than happy to have you sit in!

    ReplyDelete