Monday, July 14, 2014

Overcoming Obstacles at the Tennessean

So far, things are going quite well over here in Nashville. My parents came and visited this past weekend, which was really nice. Here's a photo of us at Nashville's parthenon:
Photo: Dysfunctional selfie with the fam
As far as obstacles go, I ran into a writer's biggest obstacle: Writer's block.

I was working on my article about Twerk Master Jay, and I think that I waited to long to start working on it after I did the interviews and attended the classes. I wrote a draft of the piece and hated it, but my boss was really nice about it and understands that I want to make the piece as perfect as I possibly can. I think it has a lot of potential to be something great, I just need to capture the energy that I felt about it when I first came up with the idea. We'll see how that goes this week -- I think I'm going to try writing a second draft.

Besides writer's block, everything else is going very well! This week I'll be working on Twerk Master Jay, as well as some other story ideas. I have to write the lead for the food section, so I need to come up with some great idea regarding food in Nashville -- It's really hard to come up with ideas when you aren't that familiar with the place you are working in, but I have a lot of people that want to help!

Hope everything is good for everyone else!

No comments:

Post a Comment