Thursday, July 17, 2014

Week 4: Moving Along at Lionsgate

As I mentioned in my earlier post, I was assigned the task of redesigning the CEO's briefing book. Essentially it is going to be a compilation of relevant information about every department in the company as well as include articles about industry trends. My boss and his assistant have been crazed with work, rolling out multiple press releases a week and managing new agreements with international output territories. With that said, there has not been much time to devote to me and my project. Many of my days have consisted of me trying to figure out how to be productive and make an impression. I have had to take initiative and  gather information for this book online, learn about the stock and understand the terms, and reach out to others who I have met for information. I am finally making some progress on the book and I really hope that I can complete it by the time I finish my internship. I am starting to realize that while there are times where I have nothing to do, simply observing the interactions of others has been an invaluable experience. Internships are not all about the work that you do, rather the atmosphere you immerse yourself in. I am so grateful to be in such a lively environment where things are constantly happening because I am always learning and picking up little bits here and there.
Sample page from briefing book



Sample page from briefing book

3 comments:

  1. Wow, it is so cool that you work at Lionsgate and I am sure you are learning so much from observing and making great impressions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also experience much downtime at my internship. I love how you make the best of slow days by observing people around the office, because it can really serve to your benefit in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so great that you have made the best of a situation that could have been very frustrating. Taking initiative can be really hard in an internship setting and it really seems like you have done a really good job of taking it!

    ReplyDelete