Wednesday, July 23, 2014

blog 2- getting to know my colleauges

            As I continue my internship, I have been meeting a ton of new people. There are 3 other interns in the office, all of who have been here for at least a month before me. They have been really helpful and great people to go to when I have questions.

            I have two supervisors that I answer to—both of them are editors for the paper. They have been really great and seem to trust me with responsibility. The two of them share an office, and I feel very comfortable going in and asking questions if I am lost. I think as the summer goes on, I may begin to feel comfortable enough to ask one of them to be my supervisor. Lately, I have been working on a transportation article, and this morning one of my editors took the time to check in with me about how it was going. She was really great at giving me advise as to what direction I should take the article in. I am sure that she will be someone I will stay in touch with, even after my internship comes to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment