Tuesday, July 8, 2014

3. Overcoming Obstacles

Recently, the company was informed that one of its employees will be leaving to pursue other career opportunities. As to not overstep any boundaries, I won't specify any other details about the departure. However, it has been an opportunity for me to watch the hiring / interview process in action. Certain expectations for potential employees are expected, such as appropriate attire, enthusiasm, etiquette, etc. I have been able to take away several Dos and Donts of the interview process that are applicable to anywhere I may eventually apply for a job at.

I have been able to learn from this experience, but it has also put more pressure on the rest of the staff to help out with responsibilities. This has meant that I have taken on a larger role in the past week or so to allow the office to continue to run smoothly.

Another obstacle I have encountered has been time management. Along with my daily duties, I have also been given a project to work on with several other interns in the company. We are practicing putting together a marketing plan for an Atlantic artist. It has allowed me to explore other departments but has also forced me to be more attentive to the utilizing my time efficiently at the office. Because the several interns I work with do not have the same schedules, it is important that we plan in advance to stay on top of the project before the end of the summer quickly approaches. This project has been interesting but the lack of guidance has forced us to be as creative as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment