Thursday, July 17, 2014

Blog 5: Looking Back/ Overall Insight at FullBottle

My experience at UM has definitely been a huge help in preparing me for my internship. I believe that various different courses I have taken have contributed to my success in different ways. Particularly, I think that Economics and Screen Arts and Cultures have contributed to my success at FullBottle greatly. First, economics helped me in nonconventional ways. Having had little to no clue how to solve most of the problems I would encounter at first glance, I learned throughout the course that I would have to take a step back, take a deep breath, and figure out what angle I could start working on the problem from. During my time at FullBottle, I was asked to do many tasks that I was not so familiar with. But, using the knowledge that I am usually successful when I relax and take a step back, I was able to conquer every task given, even if it took me some time to do so. Second, Screen Arts and Cultures allowed me to understand a lot about the Digital World. Yesterday, I took on a very creative project that involved going to Toys R Us and shooting a Vine Video for Hasbro on My Little Pony and Monster High. I was able to take the techniques about recording and lighting, as well as the creativity my class encouraged, which helped us shoot a very fun and successful video. I have attached a picture of myself before the shoot. I hope that by next summer, my upcoming courses will have given me even more insight that will allow me to go above and beyond my expectations in terms of succeeding in my future internships.

No comments:

Post a Comment