Thursday, July 31, 2014

ceo for the day


As my internship at Succarra comes to an end, I look back at all of the incredible things I was able to be a part of this summer. It was truly a one of a kind experience and I am so thankful that I was allowed to be a member of their team. If I were in charge of running the company, I would make many changes to how it is run. I would first want to find a larger office so that we have more space to work with. Having 8 employees and only one work space for everyone can be extremely overwhelming at times. People need their personal space to do their best each day, so I would make sure that each employee had their own personal desk and work area. I would also change the way the office is set up. We currently have jewelry and handbags on shelves running across all of the walls. At times, these items fall off the shelves and on to the floor, which can become a mess. I would hire an interior designer to come in and redesign our space so that it had a fresh new look.  I would also make an area in the office that is designated for appointments. We currently have a very small space, so when buyers or clients come in they are forced to sit at the front of the showroom with little to no privacy. I would create a private room for our sales team to have meetings with their buyers and clients. Additionally, I would hire approximately 5-10 more employees for the team. Succarra is quickly growing as a Public Relations firm and they will definitely need more hands on deck as the company continues to expand. We currently only have 2 people working on the sales side and it would be great for them to have more people on their team. I would also delegate a group of 3 or 4 people to be working on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, Twitter). It is important to get the word out about our company and without the use of social media, many people will never become aware of how great the company truly is.

No comments:

Post a Comment