Sunday, July 13, 2014

Work Schedule

I have been very fortunate with my work schedule for this summer as my time as an intern. As I am only taking one credit, I am not allowed to work very many hours, thus I have only been scheduled to work 3 days a week. This has been great for me because I am still getting the experience of having an internship in a field that I am interested in, however, it has allowed me plenty of free time to go and do the things I want to do. Also my days are short because I start so early in the morning that I usually am finished with all of the work that I have to do by mid day. Because I work so far away from where I live, it has been great only having to work 3 days out of the week because the drive alone is about 2 hours everyday, which adds up to a lot of time if I had been working every day. Also my schedule slightly overlaps with other interns at Fox Sports so I have just recently been able to get to know a few of them, talk about their experiences and get to know them more outside of the tasks that we are assigned to.

5 comments:

  1. 3 day work weeks are great! I am in the same boat with my internship as I work Tuesdays-Thursdays. It also takes me a while to get to work by train so its nice to not have to take that route every day of the week. But I agree completely with you on how nice it is to be able to work and still have flexibility to do things you want. I work in Chicago and there is so much the city offers that I want to do and luckily I have been able to have the time to do. Good luck with the rest of your internship and I hope you experience all you plan to, I'm sure going to miss these three day work weeks when I'm back in school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you really have a great work schedule! My internship is part time as well, and I also love having the free time to pursue my other hobbies. I'm envious that you have gotten to meet the other interns at Fox - my office doesn't really integrate the interns that much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your schedule sounds great, and it's awesome that you are able to get some real on-the-job experience while still being able to enjoy your summer. Connecting with other interns is great too, and you never know, those relationships may help you in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got so lucky this summer! It's so nice to be able to experience both freedom and enjoyment of summer as well as a great work opportunity! Hope you enjoyed every minute of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are very lucky to be able to have the opportunity to work as well as enjoy the summer and relaxing!

    ReplyDelete