Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Week 5: Looking Back


Now that my internship approaches it’s final weeks, I am glad this blog post asks me to reflect upon my experience, because it has gone by so quickly! Over my course here at RMO I was faced many obstacles and all types of challenges, and I feel that my UofM education greatly prepared me to handle these situations. Since I am in the PR field, my COMM 101 class taught me how audiences react to different marketing strategies and the best avenues to reach a target audience. Moreover Econ 101 taught me how to base decisions and how to predict others’ decisions by analyzing opportunity cost.

To be honest, no experience through out my time here at RMO was out of the ordinary of any intern. Some of the opportunities and people I got to meet were exciting and not what I expected, but that is all.  Fro example one time I dropped off jewelry for Leighton Meester at her apartment and her husband Adam Brody (Who I am also a huge fan of) opened the door. Now normally, I would freak out, ask for a picture, signature, all the typical fandom protocol. However, in this case I had to be extremely professional because I was representing my company.
Overall, my experience here was very typical of a first internship. Nevertheless, I enjoyed it and appreciated it all the same.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are pleasantly satisfied with your internship as you did not expect to obtain any spectacular tasks and you understood that you were an intern and you would be doing busy work. Also, so cool that you got to deliver jewelry to Leighton Meester's house but even better that you maintained a professional face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Comm101 class was helpful to me in my internship as well! It's so nice to see our U of M educations really paying off and helping us professionally! So glad you enjoyed your experience and learned a lot!

    ReplyDelete