Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Blog 5: Changing Perspectives

          My internship this summer has really been a great experience for me. I believe that working at a music company, which offers a wide variety of fields within the industry, was a great entranceway for me to start to learn about everything the music industry entails. When I started my internship, I pretty much knew nothing about record labels, digital marketing, branding, artist management, etc. Now, I am much more knowledgeable in all of these fields, and would feel more comfortable working at a music company in the future. In the beginning of the summer, I had no idea what exactly I wanted to do with my future, working at this company has brought me to see that I would like to work more directly with clients and artists, in the managerial field.
          Working directly under a manager has really sparked my interest to one day become a manager as well. It's extremely interesting to me to be able to work directly with artists on a daily basis, in addition to being able to attend their shows and travel the world with them. There are many parts involved with being a manager, and I'm glad that my supervisor was able to take time out of some of his long days at work to educate me on the business side of being a manager. My supervisor was always extremely helpful, and I was always comfortable confronting him with any questions or concerns I may have had. My internship this summer was the perfect fit for me and has led me on the direct path towards my goals for the future.

2 comments:

  1. I think its amazing that you went into this internship having little knowledge of what working at a music company entails and now you not only know it all but see yourself doing it again. I was the same in that I didn't know much about the voluntourism industry but now that I do I also feel a confidence of being able to work in the industry again with more knowledge. Also, working under the founder of the startup has sparked both my interest to manage an organization as well as to start my own company one day. She was helpful in showing me all there was to creating a company and maintaining success and now I've started my own student organization which I see as a small step to such an experience! Good luck with the rest of your internship and I hope your goals are all accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great that you have gotten to learn so much more about music companies! It seems as though having such a wonderful mentor has allowed you to get as much out of your internship experience as possible. I also worked directly under my manager which gave me so many interesting opportunities.

    ReplyDelete