Thursday, July 31, 2014

Post IV: CEO for a Day

After working at Heritage Professional Associates for such a short time I can still sense that it has a very respectable reputation. The office is run very efficiently and employs many different therapists. What I am impressed at by Heritage is the diverse group of therapists it has and how respectable they all are. As the intake coordinator, I receive many phone calls each day with new clients wishing to come to Heritage. I complete at least four new client intakes a day, meaning that during my shift four new clients are added to our therapists' clientele. That is amazing that so many people are interested in the company and the business is booming. 

If I were one of the four partners that owns the private practice I would be very proud, but would change some things in the front office. Although the front office is run pretty efficiently, there are definitely days where as interns and secretaries, we are confused and left out of the loop. If I were CEO I would make sure that the therapists communicated with the interns more about who is assigned to each case. That way when the new clients that completed intakes call back wondering who their therapist is, the interns could answer and leave the client pleased. 

Also, I would change the layout of the front office. Right now there is a waiting room with windows to the front desk, but behind the front desk the clients can see into where we as interns work and the billing employees work. I think that the clients shouldn't see what's going on with the interns and others because it looks less professional. I would put a wall behind the secretaries so the clients only see and deal with them. I would redo the waiting room with more comfortable chairs and a station with a coffee, a water jug, and cups to please the clients. Sometimes there is music in the waiting room and sometimes there isn't, so I would make sure there is always music playing that is soothing for the clients.

2 comments:

  1. I think your ideas about changing the office layout are really insightful and well thought out. I'm glad you enjoyed your internship experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the fact that your changes are both structural and aesthetic. The communication issue is definitely something that should be corrected. This must have influenced your own time there as an intern. Your changes in the front office are also important. The reception should make clients feel comfortable and I think your suggestions would do that.

    ReplyDelete