Saturday, June 7, 2014

Week 1: Environment/Initial Impressions at Industrial Color Brands


Last Thursday, I began my second internship at Industrial Color Brands, a creative production agency that handles digital still and video capture, post-production, color, video editing services, etc. The office is enormous and is made up of several editing rooms, a MAC room, a room for events, and leads out to a beautiful balcony. The environment of the company is quick-paced, young, and fun. Industrial Color Brand’s biggest client is Victoria’s Secret. They typically edit the photos of the models after a Victoria’s Secret photo shoot. It is very surprising to see how much the photos are edited, even though we are dealing with the most beautiful women in the world!
            I am so happy that I am not the only intern because it gives me the opportunity to meet new people and build relationships. Jess, another intern, has been at the company for a couple weeks already so she has been teaching me the ropes. The projects that I have been assigned so far involve updating their client list, revising their website, and searching for leads (potential clients) that will use their new software they designed called Globaledit. On my first day, I had the opportunity to sit in on a demonstration of Globaledit so I could further understand how to market it.
            I am surprised that the employees dress causal because they work with very high-end clients including Dolce & Gabbana, Jcrew, People Magazine, Estee Lauder, Diane Von Furstenberg, Netflix, Showtime Networks, and CBS Television. However, I have observed that the causal dressing allows me feel comfortable conversing with employees that are higher up in the company such as Lindsay, the Director of Marketing.
            Choosing to work at two internships in one summer was a choice I am happy I made because this experience allows me to discover what type of company I want to work for in the future. 



No comments:

Post a Comment