Sunday, June 29, 2014

Week 2 - Colleagues

I have interacted with two managers so far. Bala is a software engineer and I was temporarily placed under his care until my full time manager returned from vacation. I did not enjoy my time with Bala, although he was very nice and tried to be helpful, I felt as if he was demanding too much of me. He asked to develop complicated algorithms even though I had little to no experience with algorithms. I felt as if the work was a bit too difficult for me and maybe I was under qualified for my internship. During my second week though I have been paired with Zoran who will remain my manager for the remainder of my internship and I have been very fond of working with him. He has provided me with ample tutorials and assigned me small projects that are challenging but at the same time I am able to complete. I have really begun enjoying my internship now.

Zoran is also a software engineer by profession but he is working as a manager and this is similar to what I would like to do in life. I want to obtain a bachelor’s in Computer Science and work as a software engineer for a few years and then eventually become a manager. To do this I will need an MBA. I have spoken briefly with Zoran about following this career path and he has been very encouraging, providing helpful advice as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment