Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Getting to Know my Colleagues


As I continue to intern for MAN marketing I've gotten to know most of my coworkers very well. Everyone is really eager to help me out and teach me anything that could be remotely important to the world of marketing. At least two or three days a week I am given the opportunity to shadow some of the managers as they work on interesting projects such as commercial shoots or business pitches. This week I assisted in filming a commercial for American Heritage Motorcycles. Since I am interested in potentially going into television marketing, this assignment was very important to me. The team that I shadowed had no problem explaining everything that I had to do and was patient with answering all of my questions. I admired their attention to every single detail and the precision that they applied to a short 30-second commercial. I consider these coworkers to be especially great mentors because they truly care about my learning experience and set such a great example for me. My colleagues’ openness has made this internship a less intimidating experience. I continue to enjoy going to work every day because of these great mentors that have created such a welcoming work atmosphere. 

2 comments:

  1. I am glad that you have found projects that apply directly to your interests. It also seems that your coworkers put in a great deal of thought and are rather meticulous about their work. It is also nice to hear that you are comfortable asking them questions. I look forward to hearing more about your internship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Zachary. I think that being able to ask questions without feeling uncomfortable makes such a huge difference. You should definitely keep taking advantage of your coworkers in order to learn as much as you can about marketing. They seem like they will be great mentors as you continue on this career path.

    ReplyDelete