Wednesday, June 4, 2014

WEEK 1: Environment/ Initial Impressions at Cardinal Communications


After beginning my internship at Cardinal Communications in New York City, I have been exposed to many different areas of advertising and have learned a great deal. Cardinal Communications is a full service advertising agency specializing in image-based advertising, concept development, creative execution, marketing, media buying and planning. I am in charge of maintaining weekly budgeting schedules and daily task sheets as well as proofreading all of the advertisements and movie posters that my teams designs for Sony Pictures Classic's Films. I am the only intern at the company so I am given a great deal of responsibility. I work directly under (and in the same room) as Jackie, who is the Senior Account Manager. She is extremely kind, smart, and has a wide range of experiences in the film industry. Then, there is the creative department at my office. This consists of four highly creative individuals who have designed hundreds of movie posters. Today, I was given the opportunity to shadow Leo, the Junior Designer. He taught me how to use Photoshop and walked me through how he designed his latest movie poster. This week, the creative director is designing the poster for Woody Allen's upcoming film Magic in the Moonlight. The final poster has been chosen today and is now being sent to Woody Allen for his approval.
There is a great deal of diversity at Cardinal Communications. It is very exciting to see that the CEO and President of the company are both females. I have not had the chance to meet the CEO but she will be visiting the office soon. Although the office is small, it is made up of an even number of males and females. The entire creative department is made up of males while the accounting department is made up of all females.
I am excited to continue with my internship and see what next week brings!



No comments:

Post a Comment