Monday, June 30, 2014

Overcoming Obstacles

Although my experience at MAN marketing has been extremely pleasant, I still had to overcome a couple of obstacles. Because MAN Marketing is a full service marketing company they have to move at a very fast pace. During the mornings, everyone is very rushed to ensure that all of their clients’ ads meet the daily newspaper, radio and commercial deadlines. Although this is very stressful, it is also exciting and a great learning experience.
            During my third week, one of my coworkers went out of town on vacation, leaving the rest of us to work with her clients. This was the first time I was assigned specific clients to work with. I was expected to communicate with both the clients and the art department to create different ads and make sure they run on time. I was extremely nervous to take on such an intense responsibility however, everyone was happy to help answer any questions I had. This new responsibility served as a major confidence booster for I realized how much my managers trusted me. If I made one single error then a clients’ ad might not run in a newspaper even though they are paying for it. It was definitely a stressful adjustment but I ended up realizing how much I enjoy working with the clients and the creative team to produce a good ad.

            I consider the challenges that I have faced so far during my internship to be exciting learning experiences. I am very happy that I have more work to do and believe that I truly am getting the most out of this internship that I possibly could. I still look forward to solving the problems that may be thrown my way at any point this summer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment