Tuesday, June 24, 2014

3. Overcoming Obstacles


This is my 5th week here at RMO and is around the midway point of my internship. So far I have learned invaluable work skills, behaviors, and attitudes that I will take with me into the future. I have dealt with various types of situations dealing with superiors, peers, etc. One moment that stands out in particular was when my boss asked me to explain a PR pitch to our client. I was extremely nervous to have such responsibility. I memorized the pitch inside and out, and did my research so I would be prepared for any questions. My boss was in the room during the meeting and things went well! The client was pleased and impressed, as well as my boss! I was in fact a little surprised with how calm I was during the presentation because I usually get nervous. I enjoyed this task because I was able to handle the responsibility given and prove myself in the company as an asset. 

I asked for feedback from my employers and all was very positive. She said though I tend to come off shy at first, and should not be afraid to ask questions moving forward. I plan to work on this moving forward and try to get more involved with other projects.


No comments:

Post a Comment