Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Getting to Know My Colleagues


Last week in the office, an intern  “meet and greet” was set up. Here all the interns were able to not only meet one another, but also meet the upper management as well. We were introduced to the designer Rebecca Minkoff, the president of the company, and some of the staff. Everyone went around and talked about herself a little bit. It was really cool being introduced to some of the most important people in the company and to know that they want this to be as good of an experience for us as we do. My boss continues to teach me so many things and could serve as a possible mentor. She is smart, hard working, and always has a great attitude. Whenever she gives me a task she doesn’t just tell me what to do, but why I’m doing it and what it is for. In this way, I am able to help her with what she needs done and learn the purposes of my assignments and the sales department as a whole. Everything that I do allows me to understand this area of the fashion industry a little bit better and helps me to see if the sales side of fashion is something I would like to pursue as a career. 

1 comment:

  1. So cool how you got to meet Rebecca Minkoff! Fashion Sales is definitely an interesting field and I hope you are enjoying it thus far!

    ReplyDelete