Monday, June 30, 2014

Blog 2: Getting to Know My Colleagues

I work in the front desk area of the office at Heritage Professional Associates so the people I interact with the most are Nancy, Janine, and Melissa the receptionists, Tracy the head of human resources, Terri the accounting manager, and Celia the secretary. All of these ladies always bring positive energy into the office with their happy and helpful attitudes. I always feel like I can go to any of them if I have questions, and when my work load is light they are very fun and interesting to talk to. Most of them are moms so they like to tell me about their children and ask about my family in return.

I also interact with all of the therapists that work at the office. They will come up to me and ask about the new patients who have completed intakes with me. The therapists will also ask me about my future in the psychology field and offer advice as well as tell me their experience and journey to get where they are. Every week  I talk to Dr. Carioti, one of the therapists at the office, in her office for a half hour. This allows me to tell her about my obstacles as well as ask questions about anything regarding the office or my future. She has really become a great mentor to me and offers great advice from grad schools I should look at to degrees I should consider. Listening to her experience in the field is also very interesting and helpful. She will tell me about the many different diagnostics she has had to give as well as the different clients she deals with.

Aneta and Jenny, two other interns at Heritage, work different hours and days than I do so I rarely see them. I never see Aneta and see Jenny when we switch shifts. Jenny is older than I am and more advanced in her education and experience in the psychology world so when I first met her I was intimidated. After getting to know her, I realized there was nothing to be intimidated by as she was knew to the office and how everything ran as well. Jenny is very sweet and organized so when I take over the shift it is easy to start where she left off. It's nice to have someone to vent to if the work load is crazy and she also always answers questions I have. Overall, I have enjoyed working with everyone at the office. It is very professional yet fun because everyone has a positive attitude and offers different stories and backgrounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment