Thursday, June 19, 2014

Week 2

The second week, I got to know the editors, stylists, assistants, and other interns better. Everyone is really nice and helpful and try to let us learn as much as possible. One of the editor's during our welcome meeting told us to act as a sponge and to always be listening and taking in informations because that is how we best see their jobs going on. There is a head intern in the fashion closet who is so helpful, she answers all of my questions and is a great role model because she was in my position a few months ago. The fashion assistant, who is my boss, is so kind and always willing to talk to us and get to know us better. I loved meeting the editors in our welcome meeting because they are so relatable and were once in my shoes. I find it interesting how the fashion world works where you have to work your way up the highest position, but everyone that works at the magazine makes it seem attainable and all act as great mentors for me and my future work endeavors. This week we had to pack up for a fashion shoot and start sending back the clothes that were not used. We all use an intern email where we receive emails many times throughout the day with urgent send back. It gets chaotic running around the closet trying to find the item we are looking for, but that also makes it fun. I went on a few errands to pick up clothes from different places around New York, which helps me get to know the city better.

1 comment:

  1. Alexa, it's great that your internship offers such a friendly environment for you, and your boss really cares about making you feel comfortable and informed. At my internship, many of the employees were also former interns so they are some of my best resources for career path advice. At my orientation, we were also told to act as "sponges"--we have work-related responsibilities but it is also important to learn as much as possible about the industry during our experience. Hope you continue to enjoy working in New York!

    ReplyDelete