Tuesday, June 10, 2014

First Week: Pacer's Sports and Entertainment

I began my internship with Pacers Sports and Entertainment on Monday, June 8th. I am interning for the ticket sales department, targeting corporate clients.  Usually, before I begin a new job, I feel really nervous the night before and cannot stop thinking about what I will be doing on my first day. This time was different. I did not feel nervous at all, in fact, I was excited about my new adventure. I feel like I lacked nervousness because one month ago, the company hosted an intern orientation. This orientation allowed me to meet a few of the other interns, listen to some executive officers and get a feel for the office.
My favorite part about my office is that it is located in the Bankers Life Fieldhouse, which is where the Indiana Pacers and Fever play all of their home games (seen in the picture)
. I love walking through the Entry Pavilion every morning and looking at all the posters for the teams and events that will be happening in the coming year.
On my first day, I met up with my boss and he showed me around the office. I met the whole team and everybody was extremely welcoming. One employee in particular was nice to me because he was a huge Michigan fan. Unfortunately, that employee will be leaving in 2 days to go work for the 76ers, so I guess I will have to find a new friend. Surprisingly, I was given a lot of work to do on my first day. My boss sent me on a scavenger hunt that took me around the stadium to find the answers to certain questions. This took up a large portion of my day. Once I returned to my desk, my boss taught me how to use the system and how to create receipts and invoices for clients.
Overall it was a fulfilling day, hopefully I will be just as busy for the rest of this week.
 

1 comment:

  1. Iman,

    This is so cool! I'm a Ticket Sales Intern for my hometown's professional soccer team, Sporting Kansas City! And guess what... My supervisor is also leaving in a couple days to go work with the 76ers. So now I'm a little nervous, because I need to network well with others on the staff.

    How many workers are in the ticket sales department there? How much have you been able to interact with them? What kind of projects do they have you doing right now? Dude I'd love to talk more, because I actually need some advice. Feel free to email me at sunnydha@umich.edu. Good luck man!

    ReplyDelete