Friday, June 20, 2014

7th Week in Argentina!

This week has been a busy one. I've been working on an AIESEC page for my NGO in Bahia Blanca Argentina. AIESEC is the global organization I went through to intern in Argentina and right now, my NGO alone has 4 interns from all over the world, two from Columbia and two from the U.S. Aside from the AIESEC page on our webpage, I've been working on the documentary about the NGO and conducting interviews with the local residents of the impoverished neighborhood Vista Allegre (that my NGO serves). It's crazy how time flies. It's my last week of being an intern! The girl from Columbia who also happens to be my host sister is taking over for me after I leave so it's my responsibility to show her what I've done, how I've done it, and how she can assume the work after I leave. Other work this week included designing ads soliciting donations for my NGO and managing the Twitter account.
I'm doing my best to make that last effort and do my part for the internship.
It's been a great time!
Aside from that I am thoroughly enjoying my World Cup experience here in South America. The "futbol" fans are crazyyyyyyy.


2 comments:

  1. Being in South America for the World Cup must be an amazing experience! I bet all of the children are so excited. Congratulations on your last week of being an intern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really nice that you are able to now mentor the host sister who will be taking over. That is definitely the best way to show her and also prove to yourself everything that you have learned throughout your internship. Sounds like you had a great time -- heard you learned a lot too that will help you in the future.

    ReplyDelete