Friday, June 27, 2014

Overcoming Obstacles


This week at Succarra was one of our busiest ones so far. We were holding a press breakfast on Wednesday and Thursday for our clients and needed to prepare. We organized the show room, did tons of inventory, made sure that our back stock was full, and made any final touches so that the show room would be more beautiful than ever. As Tuesday rolled around, clients were coming in for appointments and I along with the other interns were there to help with whatever anyone needed from us. We were told to greet each client as soon as they walked through the door and find out what publication they were working for. We were also told to make sure we were there for anything that they needed during their appointment. At first I was a bit nervous to talk to all of these clients, especially ones from top magazines. Soon enough, I made myself comfortable and had no trouble helping out. I quickly was working the show room with ease and felt incredibly confident in what I was doing. Clients were moving in and out of the showroom all day long and it was rather exciting. I even received a nice compliment for all of my hard work from the CEO, which felt great. The next day the same thing happened, clients came in and out and I assisted with whatever they needed. It was nice to see new faces in the showroom and know that my hard work and preparation was making customers satisfied. As the day came to an end, clients received gift bags that we had prepared and everyone was thrilled about the past days work. As I move in to my second month at Succarra, I look forward to everything else that we will be working on.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are having a lot of fun at your internship. I did something similar when I worked for Oscar de la Renta last summer, I helped them shelve items in their store and assisted the customers who came in. Looking forward to reading more about your experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your internship seems so cool! That's great that you were able to feel comfortable talking to the clients and working the showroom. I'm sure I would've been so nervous!

    ReplyDelete