Monday, June 30, 2014

Conquering Obstacles at BTN

As I sit in my boss's office for our weekly meeting on a Friday morning, he tells me how much he appreciates my enthusiasm, eagerness, and energy...a very pleasant surprise.  Then he goes on to say I will be able to film some stand-ups on Monday in the studio...dream come true!

As I arrive in the office Monday morning, I'm ready to film!  I was given an IFB, which allows me to hear the director as well as a wireless microphone.  The teleprompter is running, and I am beaming with excitement.  In fact, my family had been visiting and came to watch me in-studio, so I had my own audience in addition to fellow interns in-studio who were watching me.  

3, 2, 1....go! Six stories later I was finished with my studio work for the day.  It was an absolute blast and my boss was impressed! Of course doing stand-ups in studio in front of tons of people was a challenge for me because I wanted to make sure I was doing a good job, but I was surprised with how well I handled this challenge.  After my freshman year, I had the same opportunity to do in-studio work, and I didn't handle it as confidently as I did here at BTN.  The fact that I had gained confidence and was able to handle a much higher pressure situation gave me the satisfaction I really needed moving forward to next year.


Me In-Studio!



The following days that week consisted of other small tasks, some easier than others, however the task I faced that Monday morning proved to be the biggest challenge I had faced so far.

Who said Mondays couldn't be fun?

2 comments:

  1. Wow Annie, that sounds so nerve-racking! It looks like you definitely conquered an obstacle and what an amazing opportunity to be able to film stand-ups. It sounds like you're learning a lot from this internship and moving toward your goals in that field while having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie, your internship sounds like a dream come true! It seems like your boss really appreciates your work ethic/bubbly personality. That is great that your boss gave you time in the studio and I hope you continue to have exciting opportunities in the future! Looking forward to reading the rest of your posts!

    ReplyDelete