Sunday, June 29, 2014

2. Getting To Know Colleagues

Because I help my supervisors answer the phones for several promotions dept. execs, I have become familiar with my colleagues in the department fairly quickly. Along with my peers in the office, I have also quickly learned the roster of artists that Atlantic Records represents.

This past week, the promotions department all ate lunch together. The handful of execs in the office talked to the other intern and myself about the kind of work they do throughout the year to promote their artists. It was great to not only learn a bit more about the industry, but also to talk to them outside of just delivering them messages.

I have gotten familiar with my two supervisors fairly well now. The mornings can get very busy and I am needed more urgently by them at the start of each day. Towards the end of the day, if it's a bit quieter, I have been able to get to know my bosses on a more personal basis. I enjoy the relaxed atmosphere of the environment. There are times where you have to be very focused and work on a deadline and other times when it is more relaxed and we are able to listen to some of the new unreleased music. The promotions department is relatively small and becoming familiar with everyone has been easier than I originally expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment