Thursday, June 12, 2014

Week 1: Environmental/Initial Impressions at FullBottle: Youth Focused Digital Marketing


Walking into the office for my first day in a blouse and work pants, I was extremely surprised to see the attire of my new coworkers. Three of the women to my left wore jeans and cute cotton shirt, and another worker to my right sported yoga pants. I was honestly unsure if I had entered the correct office. But, immediately, everyone recognized me and walked up to introduce him or herself.
At first, I was slightly concerned by the extreme casual nature of the office. But, within minutes, I had that question answered. Each and every one of the women in the office began cracking jokes with one another, sending around videos in competition for finding the funniest cat on YouTube, and even asking questions that suggested extensive knowledge on each others’ personal lives.
The casual nature was a way for the office to become more of a family. From having worked together for a very long period of time, to having previously worked in a town house (in their Miami office), each of these workers had had a reason to become accustomed to a close-knit and home-resembling setting.
At the end of the day, the VP of Sales asked me to play two truths and a lie. I looked at her like huh… you know that game? (She’s a mom, keep in mind). But, nonetheless, she sent around an email for our team of thirty to guess the lie; and each of them responded with hilariously incorrect explanations as to why each of these facts would be the lie. This environment has gotten me very excited to not only work, hard but also build close relationships and find great mentors that will be extremely helpful in this internship and future careers. I have attached a picture of me and some of the squad.




2 comments:

  1. The exact same thing happened to me on my first day. I was very concerned about how casual my office was. Everyone was cracking jokes and sending each other links and funny pictures, but once they included me in their marketing chat room and I was sending buzz feed links as well I realized that I loved the casualness. Its funny how you were overdressed on the first day, but its better to be overdressed than if you were underdressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kelly, sounds like you are having a great time there so far! It's so funny that Jordan mentioned she had the same experience with how casual the dress is, because that happened to me as well. Even though the majority of my office walks around in jeans and converse, I still can't bring myself to dress quite as casually. It rained every day at work this week and while the whole office was in Hunter Boots, I changed out of mine and into flats when I got to the office.

    ReplyDelete