Monday, June 2, 2014

Week 2: getting to know my colleagues

So far, my favorite aspect of working at ICM partners has been bonding with my fellow co-workers and other interns.  There are 10 other interns, and although we have our own intern room where all of our desks are, everyone is in different departments.  This creates a fun and open environment in the work room because everyone is eager to share what they are doing for their department and, it allows me to learn more about the other departments in my company apart from my own.  There is a diverse range of ages amongst my fellow interns and I; ranging from 19 years old (going to be a sophomore) to 26 year old law students!  Despite this large age gap, everyone gets along well.  There is however, many discussions over school rivalries because I work with two Penn State people!  Once again, we manage to put these differences aside and get along well.  Furthermore, since I am working at prestigious talent agency, most of the agents are extremely busy and float in and out of the office and meetings.  Although I have personally met and had conversations with all of them, I report and get my duties from the agents assistants.  I have enjoyed getting to know all these young people, and learning from their experience thus far at the agency and in the business world.  A lot are young women like myself and I am happy to have role models that are so successful at such a young age.  

No comments:

Post a Comment