Sunday, June 15, 2014

Week 2 at Succarra PR!


My second week working at Succarra PR was absolutely great. This week my usual boss was out of town on a business trip so I was kind of a floater in the office doing different tasks for anyone that needed assistance. For the most part, I worked with Ryan, who is the showroom manger. Working alongside him, I really got a feel for what he does each and every day. It is only his third week working in the showroom so it was nice to bounce new ideas off of each other and work together as a team. He was extremely patient and understanding especially when helping me with things that I did not understand. He was there to help each intern, explaining his or her tasks for the day and helping when necessary. He never became frustrated if we needed a little extra time to complete a task or if we needed to start over because of a misunderstanding. Together we worked on doing tons of pulls for clients, picking out jewelry for photo shoots and magazines. We continued to update our client list making sure that each person’s information was current and correct. I also helped transition out our old Spring jewelry and place the new jewelry on the floor for the upcoming season. Ryan really served as a great mentor for the week and I really look forward to working with him for the rest of the summer. If I wanted to work in the career path of someone at my internship I will need to continue on working at different places until I find what I really love to do. The more experience one has working in different sections of a company the better the chance that they will be able to figure out what they are most comfortable with. A lot of the people that work with Succarra today were prior interns. They clearly found what they love most and I hope to do that also.  


No comments:

Post a Comment