Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Week 1

This has been the first week of my internship. Most of it has been orientation formality where I was told the history of the company and given a warm welcome. I then got my paperwork in order and this took the majority of my time so far. I have not had the chance to engage in anything productive yet.
I have held a few meetings with my manager and he has discussed the project he has planned for me. I will be helping his team develop a website application. The application is a search engine, which allows an employee type in an issue he or she is facing and receive information on similar issues that were faced by other employees in the past and the solutions to those problems.
I will begin writing code once the company provides me with a laptop, which should hopefully be in the next couple of days. In the meantime I am watching online tutorials which will help me understand website development.
I am really looking forward to the upcoming weeks because I have never built a website application before and I think it will be a great skill to acquire. I also feel as if this application will be valuable to the company and will not be discarded after my internship. I am excited by the notion that I am actually contributing and my internship experience will be beneficial for me as well as useful for the company.

No comments:

Post a Comment