Thursday, June 5, 2014

Week 1 at Succarra PR

My first week at Succarra PR has been amazing so far. The first day I arrived everyone was immediately so welcoming being that it is such a small company. Ali one of the employees that works at Succarra took me around the showroom familiarizing me with all of the brands that the company represents. The showroom is small yet they are able to represent almost 10 different brands, including jewelry and handbags. I was then assigned to work with the press team, which consists of myself and one other employee, Justin. He oversees everyone in the office while the CEO is out. At first I was a bit nervous to be working with him but I soon realized we would get along perfectly. The employees treat the interns just as if we had worked with the company forever; there is no sort of “hierarchy”. The dress code for the interns is all black but the rest of the office wears what we call “fashion professional”: dresses, jeans and a nice blouse, or a skirt and top. The office is very laid back and everyone there is able to be serious when necessary and enjoy themselves when they are not busy with work. I was immediately assigned different projects right when I walked through the door and have been busy each day. I am really looking forward to the rest of the internship! 

Attached below is a picture of two of the brands Succarra represents that I love!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds so cool and very similar to my internship! I resonate with the anti-hierarchy feel and agree that it makes a world of a difference in terms of inclusion in the work environment. Excited to see future posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds awesome. And working with a small company I bet you get a lot more say in things.

    ReplyDelete