Thursday, June 26, 2014

Overcoming Obstacles at Cardinal Communications


I have almost reached the midpoint of my internship at Cardinal Communications and I am really enjoying my time there as an intern. The advertising industry has grown on me and I could definitely see myself pursuing a career in advertising towards the film industry. 
When I built up courage to ask my mentor for feedback on my work thus far, I was surprised to hear all positive responses. Jackie expressed how I was participating in many of the Media Planner’s daily tasks and she was astonished how quickly I picked up their new software and understood how to budget advertisements. She was very impressed on my progress so far. In terms of improvement, I need to go back and double-check my work as I am dealing with many numbers and it is very easy to make a mistake.
This past week, I had the opportunity to be on the cover of a movie poster. I never thought that modeling would be part of my job description this summer but it turned out that we received poor photography to use on the cover of Millennium’s upcoming HORROR film, The Taking of Deborah Logan. Resembling the main’s character light color hair and short figure, I was told that I was going to be a double for her. I was asked to go to JC Penny’s and pick out an outfit that looks like the main character’s nightgown. When I got back to the office, I put on the outfit and did a photo-shoot in front of my entire staff. In the film, an old woman has Alzheimer’s and later believes that she has been possessed by the devil. I am very fortunate that I am a dancer because posing like a possessed woman was not easy. I had to do many jump shots to make it seem like I was levitating in the air. Although I do not think there will be more photo-shoots or “doubling” in my future, I am very grateful to have had this incredible experience.  

This is one of the pictures selected from the photo shoot that is used on the movie poster.

1 comment:

  1. It seems like you are doing a great job so far at your internship. Really awesome that you got to be in that photo shoot. Good luck with the rest of your internship this summer!

    ReplyDelete