Sunday, June 29, 2014

Post 2

Back at it. It's been a while. I kind of got caught up in the internship experience you could say. I've gotten to do a lot of cool things in the last few weeks. I covered a trial where a man shot his neighbor and claimed self defense. The jury didn't buy it and he was convicted. I also got to write about this big health care study that came out that basically showed how Philadelphia hospitals were charging more than Pittsburgh ones.

I've also gotten to write about drug busts, metal theft, and other crime. I wrote one article when I went to city hall but it was short. I'm hoping to get back into city hall soon and help the reporter out there if possible.

I'm currently working on this big tax credit story. I sent a bunch of open records requests to the department or community and economic development, hoping to get back some audits. I'll post the story if it comes to fruition.

Pittsburgh is really really nice. I didn't realize it was such a great place. I spend a lot of time walking around the city. Point park and its fountain are really nice. And I took pictures from Mt. Washington. I'd recommend people visit for a weekend if they ever have the chance. My parents came and they had a really great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment