Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Week 3 at Primary Wave Music: Work Tasks


            During my third week, the pace at my office has definitely picked up, which is good for me, because I am getting more to do than sitting around at a computer screen all day. I created a flyer for one of our clients via PhotoShop, which I was very excited about, because it was my first individual project. Jillian Edwards Chapman, who is married to the son of Steven Curtis Chapman, came into the office for a Meet & Greet, and performed 3 songs live for us, which was extremely exciting.

This week, my supervisor offered me the opportunity to attend a concert on Governor’s Island for one of our artists, Audien. Of course, I was not going to turn away the opportunity, so I gladly accepted the offer. My supervisor told me that he was going to put my name on Audien’s guest list, but I did not know what this was going to entail. On Sunday, the day of the concert, I took a ferry to Governor’s Island, where I got to see a gorgeous sunset with the Statue of Liberty to my left and the New York City skyline to my right. The beauty of the view could barely be captured in pictures.

             The venue was filled with teenagers & older, all dressed in neon, ready to have a good time. I arrived at the concert later than most people, because I was mainly going to watch our company’s artist perform. When I walked into the venue, I saw my supervisor right away, which was a great feeling, because he was aware that I was at the event. I received a VIP bracelet, which allowed me to stand in a reserved section off to the side, with a great view of the stage. The VIP area overlooked the water and the ongoing sunset. I was happy I was asked to attend the event because after hearing so much about Audien, I was finally able to see him DJ live in concert. 




3 comments:

  1. This looks so fun! It seems like your internship offers a ton of great experiences. I am jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an incredible week! It seems like your internship offers you exciting opportunities and allows you to meet important people in your industry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily, you seem to be truly loving your internship! I am so excited to hear more about all the amazing adventures this takes you on for the remainder of the summer! Keep up the amazing work!

    ReplyDelete