Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Week 3, Getting Adjusted

   I have become more skilled at the busy work which I have been given here at Sony Music. By doing so I have also managed to become more efficient with  my work itself. I feel this makes my day run smoother, and consequently has built my confidence while working at this position. I still have a great deal of room for improvement. I feel that I must get more independent and ask questions after I have spent a good deal of time trying to figure out a solution to whatever problem that is going on. Also, while this is a music industry so people are generally laid back, it turns out that I work in the most high tension department in the building. So getting adjusted to people's natural attitude versus how they act at work is something that I also must improve at. Overall I am enjoying my time here, and was even privileged enough to meet a childhood idol of mine, although I cannot disclose her name due to the confidentiality agreement that I signed. I am not allowed to sit in on meetings which is unfortunate, due to the fact that I feel I could learn a great deal from them. Perhaps in the future I will be granted this privilege. However, I have been given more creative opportunities that allow me to brainstorm different projects. However, I am wary of how far my ideas will actually go.
       
          Overall it has been an interesting few weeks at Sony Music. I continue to have an optimistic attitude, and hope that as I continue to get more skilled at the day to day tasks, I will be able to take on bigger and more mentally tasking projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment