Friday, June 6, 2014

Week 1 at Primary Wave Music: Environment/First Impressions

My first week at Primary Wave Music has gone great so far. At first, I was a little nervous because my supervisor emailed me prior to my start date that he would not be in the office this week. However, this worked out in my favor because it allowed me to go around the office to meet other supervisors in different departments. Everybody was extremely welcoming and I felt at home right away. As a first timer in the music industry, I wasn't exactly sure which department I wanted to enter into. However, by traveling around through different departments this past week, I was able to get a feel for the differences within each department at the company. I was so excited on my second day, because I was given the opportunity to sit in the listening room with a music manager and listen to demos and rough drafts of songs to potentially be released. Also on my second day, two musicians that I know quite well were in the office. While I was extremely excited, I had to make sure to stay professional and not act as if I was a fan at a concert. I really enjoyed my first week, and am excited to spend my summer at Primary Wave Music.

1 comment:

  1. Wow that sounds exciting! It's great that you were able to explore the different departments! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete